|Job Title: ||Manager, Centralized Hiring & Workforce Initiatives|
|Work Site: ||Recruitment Services, 620 West 8th - Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you our next Centralized Hiring Manager? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced management professional to join the Recruitment Services team. In this position you will work directly with the Recruitment Services Manager and be responsible for the regional hiring of your allocated program’s staff across all communities of care.
As a Manager, Centralized Hiring & Workforce Initiatives you will:
- Lead and oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the assigned program’s regional operations hiring and workforce strategy and activities, and ensure quality improvement of the related activities.
- Lead an interdisciplinary team and work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence.
- Develop and sustain positive relationships across the Health Authority and work closely with the Recruitment Services team as part of a collaborative team and in partnership with Human Resources Advisors, Regional Educators, and operational directors and managers, as well as with educational partners, associations and others in order to achieve hiring targets.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health or Business Administration plus 7-10 years of management experience in the health sector or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and experience with staffing, scheduling, human resource and financial management.
- Current registration / membership with a recognized professional association as appropriate.
- Computer literacy with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant service sector/departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to care delivery.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective meeting management and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis of information/data to support planning and decision-making.
- Demonstrates budgetary management knowledge and skill.
- Demonstrates process/quality improvement knowledge and skill.
- Understands available resources for program/service and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of financial and human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of relevant HR systems and software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.