|Job Title: ||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (MRI)|
|Work Site: ||Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Royal Columbian Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.7 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist to join the Medical Imaging department at Royal Columbian Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist you will:
- Perform examinations in MRI in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the radiology information system, preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures, operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data, monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance.
- May be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current certification with CAMRT (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice and one (1) year recent, related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current General Radiography and MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in MRI techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.