|Job Title: ||Regional Clerical Coordinator - Medical Imaging|
|Work Site: ||Regional Medical Imaging, Vancouver General Hospital|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately April 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Regional Clerical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Clerical Coordinator to join the team at the Surrey Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Clerical Coordinator - Medical Imaging you will:
- Oversee the clerical support functions for the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Medical Imaging department across multiple sites in the health authority (HA).
- Develop and implemens departmental goals and objectives for clerical areas in consultation with the Regional Director and health service delivery area (HSDA) departmental directors.
- Participate in workforce and long-term strategic planning of the area, manage the budget and resources, implement policies and goals and manage the clerical component of regional projects and analysis.
- Develop key partnerships are with departmental management and technical leaders, as well as corporate human resource and finance staff.
- Supervise the Clerical Supervisors from each site and the Regional Transcription Supervisor.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or diploma supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience including leadership and supervisory experience in a large complex healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Utilizes sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned area in a manner that is fiscally responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and coordination skills, including ability to performance manage, inspire and direct teams as well as engage and involve stakeholders in the planning and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates to develop and monitor program budget, monitors expenditures, provides feedback and analysis on variances and makes recommendations for corrective remedial action.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized office software applications and familiarity with Radiology Information Systems.
- Employs the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.