|Job Title: |
Eating Disorders Worker
(Social Services Diploma)
|Work Site: ||Vista Eating Disorders - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$25.40 - $27.53 per hour|
Come work as an Eating Disorder Counsellor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Eating Disorder Worker with a Social Services Diploma to join the Vista Eating Disorders team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Eating Disorder Worker, you will:
- Work within a multidisciplinary Long Term Care mental health team on weekends and night up-shifts to monitor, observe, and document resident’s behaviours, recognize unanticipated and emergent behaviours, report significant behaviours, and make crisis interventions as required.
- Sit with residents; promote independence for residents; assist with food preparation and share meals with residents; provide support and establish and maintain relationships based on respect with resident, their family, and their personal networks; and administer medications according to established procedures.
- Create, check, and maintain resident charts and maintain a safe, clean, and supportive environment for residents and the team.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as answering phones, maintaining files, and opening and sorting mail.
- Engage in on-going team planning and quality improvement activities.
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCE
VANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, Social Services Diploma, plus two (2) years of recent, related experience working with individuals with an eating disorder or psychiatric illness, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Food Safe Certificate
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of eating disorders and symptoms.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act as it applies to the rights and obligations of residents and staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage aggressive behaviour and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioural management techniques.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to demonstrate and assist residents with activities of daily living.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and provide crisis intervention.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in residents.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with residents.
- Ability to demonstrate, instruct, and coach residents both one-on-one and in groups.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Basic computer literacy to operate computerized resident care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.