|Job Title: ||Community Health Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Home Health Nursing, North Shore Community - North Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Community Health Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Health Nurse to join the Home Health team in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse with VCH you will:
- Care for clients with acute, chronic and palliative care needs.
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporate current evidence into practice.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One year recent related clinical experience in a relevant clinical area working with complex clients/patients with chronic health conditions and/or functional mobility issues including recent experience in care and transition planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle or other accepted mode of transportation.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Assessment and Intervention - Demonstrated ability to provide client-focused, trauma informed, Harm reduction, and culturally safe care in completing initial and ongoing client assessments and interventions.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to assess safety and risk prior to entering familiar and unfamiliar home environments and to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Problem Solving - Demonstrated ability to manage psychosocial and behavioral issues, and employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches, techniques, and strategies related to goals of care, transitions and end of life care.
- Independence - Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize clients and promote cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Resiliency - Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and promote client-focused care with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preference, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Collaboration - Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team with clients/caregivers to holistically assess/plan/monitor a wide variety of health challenges in the home/community setting and transitions through care continuums
- Documentation - Demonstrated ability to document timely and appropriate information in an electronic medical record (EMR) reporting assessments, decisions about client status, plans, interventions and client outcomes. Ability to effectively use related computer software, applications, and devices.
- Confidentiality - Demonstrated ability to maintain client/caregivers’ privacy and confidentiality with respect to communication, documentation, and data, including when travelling between client homes and office/care settings
- Communication - Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals; maintains professional boundaries in relationships in home and community settings. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Facilitation & Coaching - demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach employing teaching/learning strategies, adult education principles, methods and tools to transfer knowledge and engage clients/families in planning and self-management of care
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative, mental health and substance use and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to nursing treatment.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNM standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.