|Job Title: ||Respiratory Therapist 1|
|Work Site: ||Respiratory Therapy, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$30.21 - $37.71 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Respiratory Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Respiratory Therapist at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform ongoing respiratory care in a multi-disciplinary setting to clients with a variety of illnesses/diseases including, but not limited to acute and/or chronic respiratory illnesses or pathologies of the airway.
- Work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team to enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in respiratory practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of CSRT standards of practice and clinical practice guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of current respiratory care theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to use clinical practice documents.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.