|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Neuroscience|
|Work Site: ||Neuroscience, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Neuroscience at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Neuroscience department at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Neuroscience you will:
- Provide nursing care to Neuroscience patients with unpredictable outcomes and provides care to patients presenting with a wide variety of symptoms/illnesses by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintains and advances clinical competence.
- Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Completion of a recognized nursing program plus recent, related experience in neuroscience nursing or completion of a recognized nursing program, minimum of 1 year acute care experience and recognized telemetry training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of drugs used in a neuroscience environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a neuroscience environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and/or emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement and document plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with patients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and therapeutically with patients and families experiencing grief, loss and uncertainty of diagnoses and outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely, and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to enact the Least Restraint Policy and manage aggressive behaviour and acute confusional states.
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients in maximizing functional abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to neuroscience nursing and telemetry monitoring.
- Skill in the use of telemetry monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.