|Job Title: ||CST Clinical Informatics Specialist - Renal|
|Work Site: ||CST Project - 590 W. 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately January 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Shifts may include 24 hour support, some weekends, and on call rotations and some travel.
Come work as a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Informatics Specialist to join the CST Project team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with VCH you will:
- Bridge the gap between clinical care and technology to articulate clinical requirements, leading the business analysis for transitioning from current to future state work design.
- Work with the Clinical Informatics Director to develop the clinical content strategy and framework to ensure required configurations of content are in place to enable end user to complete evidence-based/best practice clinical workflows appropriately within the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Identify and link appropriate health organization clinical stakeholders and subject matter experts as part of the informatics design and sustainment planning, ensuring regulatory requirements and practice guidelines are followed.
- In collaboration with the Service Provider, share the vision of ensuring clinical process is the foundation for all phases of the CST project.
- Work to enhance integration of health services and care practices through the intentional design of clinical content.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Education & Experience
- Master’s preferred in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in health informatics with previous clinical systems go-live experience in a large health care organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic understanding of data, clinical information and how these are operationalized within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of clinical process, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants across the organizations.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to share information, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to arrive at best overall solution.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall clinical and organizational success.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to travel.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.