|Job Title: ||Analyst/Administrative Assistant|
|Work Site: ||Clinical Systems Transformation Project (CST), Vancouver General Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until September 1, 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Analyst/Administrative Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
As an Analyst/Administrative Assistant you will:
- Provide analytical support to the CST Project team for purposes such as data input analysis, statistical reporting, benchmarking activities, developing and generating queries, preparing and compiling reports and technical documents utilizing various software and tools.
- Provide confidential administrative and secretarial assistance and research support to the senior leadership, CST Project.
- Maintain appointment calendars, coordinates meetings, processes and prioritizes information, screens, triages and acts upon requests and inquiries, including confidential and sensitive information.
- Work independently and interface with other Directors, Managers and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively partners with other VCH departments such as the Decision Support team and liaises on behalf of the department with external agencies to coordinate the flow of information, keeping the senior leadership team apprised of relevant issues and activities.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in a related program (such as Business or Health Administration) plus three to four (3-4) years' recent, related experience in a complex health care environment with progressively more responsible secretarial and administrative positions supporting senior level management, experience in information analysis and benchmarking, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet, database, graphics and word processing programs is required, (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio).
- Project participation experience is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents, reports and presentations, and to maintain databases.
- Applies acquired skills and knowledge to efficiently and independently resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Effectively utilizes both verbal and written communication skills when providing advice or information or seeking/acquiring information.
- Optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Practices diligence and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.