|Job Title: ||Tissue/Eye Bank Technologist 2|
|Work Site: ||Eye Bank, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$31.44 - $39.22 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Radiological Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Tissue/Eye Bank Technologist to join the Eye Bank team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Tissue/Eye Bank Technologist 2 with VCH you will:
- Perform a variety of duties relating to the retrieval, processing, preservation, and distribution of human donor tissue, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Process documentation for potential donors, liase with a variety of individuals to review donor’s medical/special history to ascertain suitabiltiy of tissue for transplant, enucleate suitable eyes, assess tissue, arrange distribution of tissue for transplant and check the work performed by designated contractors to ensure compliance with facility policies and procedures.
- Enter data into a computerized tissue inventory system and perform routine calibration of laboratory equipment, freezers and apparatus in accordance with established procedure and safety standards.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Two years’ post secondary education in a biological science field or certified with either the American Association of Tissue Banks or the Eye Bank Association of America.
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience in either a Tissue or an Eye Bank or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of theory and practice for tissue/eye culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively in a supportive and positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized inventory database system.
- Valid BC Driver’s licence (Class 5) and access to a vehicle is required.
- Eligible for certification with the America Association of Tissues Banks and/or the Eye Bank Association of America.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.