|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant|
|Work Site: ||Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant Daycare, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.69 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant Daycare unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Conduct nursing assessments and provide nursing care, education, counseling and treatment by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Plan, implement and review client education using experience and knowledge of content area and adult education principles.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with team members and other health care givers.
- Participate on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Communicate and share information about designated services with other health care professionals, agencies and/or community members.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of two (2) years' recent, related experience in Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and methods.
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate technique, and facilitate learning with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team members, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, establish workload priorities in collaboration with others and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment, and in techniques appropriate to the education and treatment of clients post transplantation.
- Computer literacy with word processing and patient information systems skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.