|Job Title: ||Community & Home Care Clinician (RPN/RN) - Nurse Rapid Response|
|Work Site: ||South Health Unit - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Community & Home Care Clinician at Vancouver Coastal Health! (VCH)
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an RPN or RN to join its team at the Vancouver Community South Health Unit as a Rapid Response Community & Home Care Clinician.
As a Community & Home Care Clinician you will:
- Provide care management to a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill with complex conditions and/or frailty.
- Use chronic disease management, palliative and health management and/or self-care management principles to conduct holistic assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, care provider, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Within an interdisciplinary team context, provide care across the continuum (community/acute care sites) by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on evidence informed best practices, coordinating ongoing care, supporting transition, and partnering with client/family/care givers to implement and maintain care and service plans.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with care providers as appropriate and in accordance with Community of Care (COC) service delivery model.
- Act as a resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- As the Most Responsible Clinician, consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two years’ recent experience in community care setting working with older adult / geriatric clients providing client-centred coordinated care and care management or two years’ recent related experience within relevant practice area, care setting, patient/client population, and clinical focus.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of relevant Professional Regulations and Standards (ie Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice).
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home, community and primary care.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNP Professional and Practice standards and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.