|Job Title: ||Cardiac Sonographer|
Ultrasound Cardiac, Surrey Memorial Hospital - Surrey, BC
Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre - Surrey, BC
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Cardiac Sonographer with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Cardiac Sonographer to join the Medical Imaging department at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Cardiac Sonographer at Surrey Memorial Hospital you will:
- Perform standard cardiac ultrasound procedures including cardiac studies and measurements.
- Provide preliminary assessments for review and interpretation by the Radiologist/Cardiologist.
- Support your team by performing duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions;
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system;
- preparing patients for procedures;
- operating echocardiography equipment;
- including processing and archiving of acquired data;
- monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance.
- Provide information/education to patients and staff on the topics related to the procedures and consent.
- Perform venipuncture for contrast media injections as directed by the Cardiologist/Radiologist as required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course or applicable experience working in IV Therapy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a one-to-one and group setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modalities.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.