|Job Title: ||CST Project Manager I |
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately November 2021
0830-1630, hours of work may vary due to project requirements
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager to join the CST Project team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Project Director or Steering Committee, the Project Manager leads and coordinates all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within a Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout VCH. Apply today to join our team!
As a Project Manager with VCH you will:
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive. May provide leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Projects may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Findings and recommendations have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liais with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
About the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline
- Five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.