|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (Med/Surg)- Acute Care for Elders/Subacute Medicine|
|Work Site: ||Sub Acute Medicine / TCU - Richmond Hospital|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0700-1900 / 1900-0700
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Registered Nurse with VCH you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for designated acute care for elder patient/subacute medicine patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, functions as a client advocate and teaches clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and responds to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group, Acute Care for Elders/Subacute Medicine including geriatric and chronic disease patient populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology, treatment protocols, and nursing interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Stroke; COPD; Chest pain/Heart Failure (CHF); Pneumonia;Leukemias; Renal Disease; Liver Disease, Multimodal pain management; Wound Care; Delirium; Dementia; Alcohol & Drug Dependency; Failure to Thrive ).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Respiratory depression/failure; Blood Transfusion;Cardiac Chest Pain/Arrest; Pressure Ulcer (Braden Scale); Delirium (PRISME/CAM); Dementia, both Pharmacological and non-pharmacological (PIECES framework); Genitourinary; Violence & Aggression; Dysphagia; Falls).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Oxygen delivery equipment; Ostomy; other care related IVs, tubes, catheters, drains, suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute/chronic pain management; Cognitive impairment. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of Oxygen Therapy, High Flow 02 and saturation monitoring; VAC Dressing; Insulin Management; TPN (including Intravenous devices); Wound Care; Chest Tubes; Ostomy; Medication reconciliation, transcription and administration (including the use of Omnicell & MAR systems).
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting IVs; TPN; Chest Tubes; Ostomy equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.