|Job Title: ||Nurse Case Manager (RPN/RN)|
|Work Site: ||Home Health, Raven Song Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately November 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Nurse Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Home Health team at Raven Song Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order) as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Nurse Case Manager, you will:
- Manage a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill or have long term physical disabilities.
- Use chronic disease management and self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Develop and maintain formal General Practitioner Partnerships as appropriate and in accordance with a CHA service delivery model.
- Act as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and three years’ recent clinical nursing experience working in acute care with a medical and/or geriatric focus, recent case management or home care nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNM standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a interdisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/clients and or clients/family members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.