|Job Title: ||Primary Care Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site: ||COVID-19 Migrant Worker Screening & Testing - Richmond, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
|Hours: ||Various – including 12 hour rotating shifts|
Come work as a Primary Care Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join our various COVID-19 Screening & Testing team at Richmond as a Primary Care Nurses. Apply today to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the strategic response to COVID-19 at VCH.
As a Primary Care Nurse with VCH you will:
- Triage, assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients and families who require high priority care within 24 hours.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with primary care providers in accordance with the local Community of Care (COC) service delivery model and primary care network.
- Use approved triage standards in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Apply chronic disease management, palliative, health management, and/or self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, provide direct care, and address issues or variances from the plan of care.
- Act as a resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to patients with primary level care needs.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One year of recent clinical experience that is relevant to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Fluency in either Vietnamese or Spanish would be considered an asset
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within primary care as well as theory and practice within a patient and family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Professional Regulations and Standards (ie. Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice).
- Demonstrated knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home, community and primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acute, chronic disease, mental health and substance use, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally safe care to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to use research in practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles and ability to teach and coach patients and families.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.