|Job Title: ||Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (General Procedures & Cardiac Sonography)|
|Work Site: ||Ultrasound, Burnaby Hospital - Burnaby, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.67 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays.
Are you the next Diagnostic Medical Sonographer at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join the Ultrasound team at Burnaby Hospital in Burnaby, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in General Procedures & Cardiac Sonography you will:
- Perform abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and echocardiography ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices.
- Perform the following duties:
- receiving and completing requisitions
- entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system
- preparing patients for specific procedures
- conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques
- Perform venipuncture for contrast media injections as directed by the Radiologist/Cardiologist.
- Participate on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course or applicable experience working in IV Therapy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience when required by site practice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and cardiac sonography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as PACS.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.