|Job Title: ||Regional Practice Lead, Research & Knowledge Translation, VCH Research Institute|
VCH Research Institute (VCHRI), Vancouver General Hospital/Robert Ho Research Centre - Vancouver, BC
Various communities of care throughout VCH
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately October 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Regional Practice Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Practice Lead to join the VCH Research Institute at Vancouver General Hospital and the Robert Ho Research Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Practice Lead with VCH you will:
- Work in partnership with VCH Professional Practice, and across the organization to lead, cultivate, and facilitate a range of research and knowledge translation activities in the area of Long Term Care (LTC), enhancing the use of evidence in practice and decision-making and enabling broad engagement in research.
- Act as an advocate and active role model for scholarly practice, raising the profile and engagement of research, evidence-informed practice/decision-making, and knowledge translation in our geographic area.
- Service VCH broadly by supporting Long Term Care teams and individuals across VCH, through the provision of mentorship, guidance, support, and expertise in research and research-related activities and functions as an expert and liaison to the research community provincially and nationally.
- Be responsible for supervising and managing research-related (funded and unfunded) activities; promoting collaborative research partnerships; assisting in the development of policy, procedures, and guidelines related to scholarly practice and research; and working with other Health Authorities in BC to capitalize on province-wide research and knowledge translation opportunities.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- A graduate university degree is required at a minimum of a Master’s level in a health or social science field, including training and/or experience in health services research, research methods, and knowledge translation and exchange.
- A minimum of eight years of experience is required in health services delivery, management, or research or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the above can be considered.
- Current practicing registration with a BC health professional college.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to lead research and/or knowledge translation and exchange activities and projects.
- Exceptional strength in fostering and developing partnerships.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare research, research methods, health research priorities, and current healthcare issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant and project management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a successful publication track record.
- Ability to effectively support and collaborate with Health Authority staff and university research faculty.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, to take initiative to promote research activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with patients, peers, and leadership.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and diplomacy and to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive organizational information.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.