|Job Title: ||Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, General Procedures|
|Work Site: ||Ultrasound, Mission Memorial Hospital - Mission, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately October 2021|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
Come work as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join the Ultrasound team at Mission Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular and small parts ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices.
- Support your team by performing duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions;
- entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system;
- preparing patients for specific procedures;
- and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques.
- Participate on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Medical Diagnostic Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory and practice for Sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular and small parts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.