|Job Title: ||Social Worker 1|
|Work Site: ||Youth Alcohol & Drug, Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$31.36 - $39.10 per hour|
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Youth Alcohol & Drug team at the Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for providing clinical and consultative social work services of a general nature to clients and families.
- Perform duties such as:
- conducting social assessments,
- assisting clients with system navigation and practical needs related to social determinants of health,
- maintaining records,
- attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences,
- identifying applicable community resources for clients,
- and facilitating care throughout the continuum.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Social Work.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience working with marginalized youth and young adult clients with multiple barriers including mental health and substance use issues, homeless and complex trauma, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel may require the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of systems thinking as it relates to social work process.
- Knowledge of youth and young adult services in the lower mainland.
- Knowledge of the health care system.
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the theories related to substance use and how they relate to trauma.
- Demonstrated understanding of the local (i.e. Downtown Eastside) and regional initiatives that may impact patient care, resource access or practice guidelines in this local clinic setting.
- Basic knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Basic knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct biopsychosocialspiritual and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to draw out and honour information that will contribute to understanding the clients’ situation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to apply of Trauma Informed Principles to practice.
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally safe and competent care, including when working with Indigenous peoples.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Harm Reduction principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care ethics and ability to incorporate ethical decision making in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.