|Job Title: ||Diagnostic Medical Sonographer 1, Cardiac|
|Work Site: |
Ultrasound Cardiac, Vancouver General Hospital
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
0700-1630, 0730-1700, 0800-1730, 0830-1800
Casual shifts as required.
Are you the next Diagnostic Medical Sonographer at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer to join the Ultra Sound Cardiac teams at Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Cardiac Sonography you will:
- Performs cardiac ultrasound procedures, including 2-Dimensional, Doppler, M-Mode, and supports TransEsophageal Echo, stress echoes, and contrast procedures while observing patient safety practices.
- Perform duties including:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data and measurements into the diagnostic imaging information system,
- and preparing patients for specific procedures.
- Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certified or Sonography Canada certified.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic cardiac sonographic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.