|Job Title: ||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens |
|Work Site: |
Case & Contact Tracing Offices in Vancouver.
Various locations: 750 Cambie Street or 520 West 6th or 601 West Broadway.
Contact Tracers work in a shared office space. No remote work.
(we currently have a robust casual pool therefore not recruiting at this time.)
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately March 31 2022 |
|Salary: ||$28.43 to $32.98 per hour|
0830-1700 with rotating days off
18-week rotation. 7-day schedule
| || |
Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a LPN to join the Case and Contact Tracing team. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order) as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As an LPN - Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens you will:
- Work collaboratively within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team providing targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming with a focus on individuals with stable or predictable states of health.
- Provide nursing services in person or by telephone related to the assessment of individuals presenting with or at risk for outbreak communicable disease such as COVID-19, by methods such as communicating test results to infected individuals and non-infected individuals and providing health information, education and referrals related to communicable diseases.
- Assist with major communicable disease outbreak investigations by monitoring active cases, conducting testing, conducting surveillance follow-ups, administering immunizations as per scope of practice, monitoring laboratory reports for new cases, and providing information about disease process and prevention measures.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent, related experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing team based care in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle for local area travel may be required.
- Experience working with Indigenous clients, families, or communities an asset.
- Indigenous cultural safety training or equivalent experience an asset
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNM for LPNs.
- Knowledge of the public health model and its approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and immunization practices, including up-to-date immunization competency in accordance with the BCCDC standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive nursing services to diverse and marginalized populations.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and immunization practices, including up to date immunization competency.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care, the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, care team and community partners and the ability to identify and facilitate community resources appropriate to clients’ and families’ needs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritise work.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with others to make evidence informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new and unexpected events.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.