|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2 - Certified Hand Therapist|
|Work Site: ||Hand Therapy Clinic, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
|Hours: ||Casual shifts as required.|
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Certified Hand Therapist to join the Hand Therapy Clinic at Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Physiotherapist focused in Hand Therapy with VCH you will:
- Utilize advanced clinical knowledge and procedures such as specialized wound care and debridement of soft tissue, to provide physiotherapy services to clients with an upper extremity injury.
- Perform work such as:
- conducting advanced assessments utilizing an evidence-based approach,
- planning goal directed services,
- implementing services utilizing advanced intervention approaches/procedures,
- evaluating the effectiveness of the service,
- participating in physiotherapy and interdisciplinary research,
- and contributing to the development, review and promotion of physiotherapy services.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and three (3) year’s experience in an acute setting including one year in orthopaedics/hands.
- Successful completion of the American Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to upper extremity therapy.
- Broad knowledge of bio-mechanical and assistive technology concepts, current trends and practice.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and education.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.