|Job Title: ||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - TiOAT|
|Work Site: ||Tablet or Injectable Opioid Agonist Treatment (TiOAT) Services, Supervised Injection Site - Downtown Eastside (DTES), Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$28.15 - $32.02 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Licensed Practical Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join the Tablet or Injectable Opioid Agonist Treatment (TiOAT) Services team in the Downtown EastSide. Apply today to join our team!
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with VCH, you will:
- Work in collaboration with physicians, Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN) and other members of the interdisciplinary team to deliver an injectable opioid agonist treatment program for individuals with Opioid Use Disorder.
- Perform activities such as assessing, implementing, evaluating and documenting client's care and support to the client according to established care plans.
- Work with the Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Medical Health Officer and Physician on-call in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Maintain and advances clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNM for Licensed Practical Nurses.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Licensed Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years recent experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in mental health or substance use settings.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of substance use and mental health conditions.
- Knowledge and experience of motivational interviewing and/or brief action planning.
- Knowledge and experience of provision of wound care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond to the client flow and health delivery system.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge and practice within the standards dictated by the BCCNM for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Ability to clinically support clients with mental health and substance use issues and addiction.
- Broad knowledge of harm reduction, Trauma Informed approaches and Indigenous Cultural Safety to client care.
- Demonstrated ability in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage/solve conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer programs (Word, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to operate medical related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.