|Job Title: ||Care Management Leader, Psychiatry (RPN/RN)|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health and Substance Use Inpatient Unit, Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Care Management Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the team at the Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Heath Centre as a Care Management Leader. Apply today to join our team!
As a Care Management Leader, Psychiatry at Vancouver General Hospital you will:
- Facilitate assigned patients’ hospitalization from pre-admission through discharge.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to expedite medically appropriate, effective patient care.
- Conduct initial and concurrent reviews utilizing nursing, biological, pathophysiology, psychiatric and continuum of care knowledge and expertise and clinical utilization tools to apply medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and transition/discharge planning.
- Advise the interdisciplinary team on appropriate level of care and discharge planning needs, intervene to address barriers, and provides leadership as needed to achieve optimal outcomes, including securing funding and approvals for services as required.
- Apply the use of data in own practice; identifying where to focus efforts, the measurement of progress towards identified outcomes, and as an educational tool to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused, high quality, efficient, and effective.
- Participate in committees, task groups, continuing education, and/or corporate initiatives
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years recent, related experience including (1) years’ experience in case management, discharge planning and/or utilization review, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of Nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of the BCCNM standards of practice for registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses.
- Knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to various patient population groups and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to a case management process
- Knowledge of pathophysiology and pharmacology and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to safely plan discharge.
- Knowledge of biological and pathophysiology indicators related to severity of illness to apply medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and transition/discharge planning.
- Knowledge of the illness or disease process and potential long-term complications.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Knowledge of clinical pathways, expected length of stays, resource utilization, and patient assessment.
- Knowledge of external agencies and community resources.
- Ability to engage in comprehensive assessment, observation and monitoring of patients.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Ability to analyze situations, problem solve, deal with conflict, and negotiate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide leadership, work direction and consultation.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships and communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Ability to conduct InterQual assessments and to use related equipment.
- Skill in CPR Techniques.
- Computer skills including the ability to effectively use computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.