|Job Title: ||Project Manager - Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS)|
|Work Site: ||Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS) Contract Optimization, Vancouver General Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager to join the Business Initiatives & Support Services (BISS) team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
In this position, the projects you work on may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Your findings and recommendations will have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
As a Project Manager with VCH you will:
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within a Health Services Delivery Area (HSDA) and/or throughout Lower Mainland Health Organizations that includes Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Service Authority and Fraser Health (reference as Lower Mainland).
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management within the HSDA and/or across the Lower Mainland to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Demonstrated business acumen for normal business practices, tools and methodologies.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.