|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant 1|
|Work Site: ||Regional Paediatrics & Perinatal - 601 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Part Time (0.40 FTE)
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Administrative Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Regional Paediatrics & Perinatal team at 601 West Broadway in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
In this position you will report to the Regional Director, Maternal Child Program and work as a part of the Regional Paediatrics & Perinatal team.
As an Administrative Assistant you will:
- Provide confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to the designated Director and programs/services throughout the Vancouver Acute Community of Care (CoC) or Corporate Department of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Triage information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinate the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, and keep the Director apprised of issues and activities.
- Interact primarily with director/managers and their administrative support staff throughout Vancouver and across VCH to professionally represent the Director’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions.
- Work independently and communicate with internal and external stakeholders/customers in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.