|Job Title: ||Senior Internal Auditor|
Internal Audit - 601 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Fraser Health Corporate Offices (Central City)
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Senior Internal Auditor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join the Internal Audit department in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team! This position will also work out various Fraser Health offices.
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will:
- Be responsible for planning and performing a variety of high profile complex and large-scale risk-based internal audit (IA) services throughout First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Fraser Health Authority (FHA), Providence Health Care (PHC), and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Develop audit programs and perform various types of operational, financial, performance, IT, and advisory engagements.
- Identifies deficiencies in controls and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Conduct performance and operational audits on internal systems to determine their efficiency and protective value,
- Recommend improvements to existing policies and procedures to ensure that internal controls and systems operate effectively and efficiently.
- Utilize the results of Internal Audit assignments to influence the direction of internal control resources to areas of improvement on internal control and risk issues.
- Communicate with representatives from other Health Authorities, the shared services organization, and provincial government ministries including the Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia and the Office of the Comptroller General of British Columbia regarding best practices, risk management, and internal control matters.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and a recognized accounting/audit/risk designation (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CFE), plus five (5) years’ recent, related audit, financial or operational experience in a large and complex computerized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies knowledge of recognized audit standards, and other relevant legislation and regulations including the Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act.
- Uses expertise and knowledge of current computer auditing techniques and system applications and databases used in the auditing functions.
- Applies knowledge of modern assurance techniques, approaches, methods and practices to ensure effective internal audit systems and processes.
- Applies superior persuasion and conflict management skills to achieve support for recommendations.
- Establishes plans to execute audit process reviews, and as part of a team, identifies how team decisions are to be successfully reached and followed through to completion.
- Takes ownership over work; overseeing end to end completion of audits and utilizing project management skills in carrying out work in a reasonable timeframe and maintaining quality.
- Uses strong written communication abilities and organizational skills to prepare comprehensive documentation of procedures performed and related results.
- Uses strong oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to communicate with and present to a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired objectives.
- Experience with IT related audit would be an asset
- Experience with investigations would be an asset
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.