|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2|
|Work Site: ||Primary Care Network (PCN) - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately March 2022|
|Salary: ||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
0900 - 1700
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Primary Care Network team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
Physiotherapists in the Richmond Primary care network see a variety of patients that are referred by Richmond Family Physicians within the network. The physiotherapists work autonomously as integral parts of the multidisciplinary team. Assessments and sessions with the patients are mostly done on a one to one basis in a clinic setting while ensuring that communication continues with the team and the Physician abut the clients’ status.
About Primary Care Networks (PCN)
Primary Care Networks (PCN) will be the backbone of the provincial Primary Health-Care Strategy. This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physical Therapy from a recognized program.
- Current full registration with the College of Physiotherapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Two (2) years recent, related clinical experience relevant to the designated clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice within a patient/client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Working knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Knowledge of physical therapy standardised tests, assessments, and outcome measures.
- Basic knowledge of research and quality improvement process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower patient/clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with patient/clients and caregiver(s), coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Demonstrated ability to support a seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based care model and be able to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and culturally safe care in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.