|Job Title: ||Coordinator, Regional Physician Practice Support Program|
|Work Site: ||Admin 601 W. Broadway|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately March 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Coordinator, Regional Physician Practice Support Program at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health has an exciting opportunity as the Coordinator, Regional Physician Practice Support Program with the BCMA Funding department in Vancouver. Apply today to join our team!
The Regional Physician Practice Support Program focuses on providing quality improvement and practice support within physician practices with the key goals of improving both patient outcomes as well as the professional experience of physicians.
As a Coordinator, Regional Physician Practice Support Program with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for providing a range of support at the practice level by engaging physicians, their staff and relevant coordinated care teams in collaborative quality improvement projects.
- As part of a Regional Support Team (RST), partner with local Divisions of Family Practice, Health Authority representatives and other community partners to support and enable the adoption, implementation and measurable sustainment of practice improvements.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences, Health Information Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Three (3) years' recent, related experience in Physician Practice office change management, quality improvement, coaching or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience in a healthcare role, clinical practice role, or an MOA/office manager role, particularly related to clinical workflow process using Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of coaching techniques and project management principles and methodologies
- Strong understanding of Primary Care, its complexities and how it relates to all levels of the healthcare system
- Ability to operate a standard PC end effectively utilize a variety of software applications to support the initiative management activities
- Demonstrated understanding of primary care services.
- Demonstrated understanding of EMR Optimization.
- Understanding the primary care office workflow, procedures, and processes.
- Broad knowledge of clinical practice that includes comprehensive knowledge of population based care and prevention using agreed upon best practice quality improvement measures, guidelines and protocols.
- Knowledge of expanded chronic care model.
- Knowledge of the Model for Improvement, Quality Improvement and/or Lean methodology.
- Knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in population based care in relation to primary care.
- Ability to coach/support primary care practice teams through the change management process.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating change, group process and team building.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Communicates effectively and in a compelling manner both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative practice change environment.
- Demonstrated computer skill with various intermediate PowerPoint, Excel, word processing, database and client management computer applications as well as various Internet browsers and computer office applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.