|Job Title: ||Manager, Financial Planning & Business Support|
|Work Site: ||Finance - 590 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Manager, Financial Planning & Business Support at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning & Business Support to join the Financial Planning team at 590 West 8th Avenue. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager, Financial Planning & Business Support with VCH your role will involve:
- Being responsible for providing leadership in the development, monitoring, analyzing and assessing of the performance of the designated health service delivery area’s operations relative to the annual plan, and providing business decision support.
- Key areas for leadership and active involvement and accountability including:
- multi-year forecasting;
- developing and recommending principles, process and guidelines for budget preparation;
- operations and capital planning;
- funding standards & models;
- performance management;
- coordination of new initiatives;
- process redesign;
- information management;
- utilization management;
- and providing financial planning expertise to Operations Directors, Patient Service Managers, Patient Service Directors, Medical Directors and Medical Managers.
- Being responsible for the review and analysis of budgets and proposed initiatives, and participate in the ongoing review of financial systems and processes in order to facilitate improvements in the financial systems.
These responsibilities are done in collaboration with VCHA Corporate Financial Services team.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field plus completion of a professional accounting designation (C.P.A., C.A., C.G.A. or C.M.A.).
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ recent, related financial analysis and financial planning experience in a large, complex, unionized environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated financial planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of business administration.
- Comprehensive technical expertise, process management, analytical skills and business acumen.
- Advanced technical computer skills in spreadsheet and database usage.
- Excellent analytical skills and evaluation skills.
- Broad knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial, administrative and contract management, audit and program evaluation principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of computerized financial systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically and creatively solve complex problems within a dynamic and changing environment.
- Results oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, integrity and patience.
- Ability to adapt information to the interests and understanding of staff, managers, directors, and contracted agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop and maintain effective cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including contracted agencies, VCHA staff, managers and directors and to demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a high degree of initiative and judgment and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizations skills, with demonstrated ability to set and maintain priorities, ability to function in a fast paced and changing environment and remain results oriented.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.