|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 - Family Therapy OSI Clinic|
|Work Site: ||Occupational Stress Injury Unit - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.27 - $45.25 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
The Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic provides specialized mental health assessment and treatment to clients and their families referred by Veterans Affairs Canada, RCMP and the Department of National Defense, who are experiencing work-related psychological stress and trauma (e.g. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other anxiety disorders; depression; chronic pain, etc.).
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for developing, supporting and maintaining family services at the OSI Clinic.
- Work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide evidence-based psychotherapy, psycho-social support and other therapeutic interventions to clients referred to the clinic.
- Deliver education regarding OSI to individuals, couples, families and community professionals.
- Assess clients’ progress and provide ongoing support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including Veteran Affairs Canada, RCMP, Department of National Defense and external agencies involved in the care of clients.
- Work with the Canadian network of OSI clinics and follow leadership of the National Centre for Operational Stress Injuries.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- Minimum five (5) years recent, related, clinical experience working with psychological stress and trauma, working with members of the military or police services and working with couples, families experiencing operational stress injuries or an equivalent combination of education training and experience. Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License and requires the use of a personal vehicle. Occasional work travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the culture of groups such as the Canadian Forces, veterans and RCMP, their peacekeeping experience, war experience and associated psychosocial impact.
- Demonstrated knowledge of screening and assessment, including principles and strategies associated with engaging and motivating family members.
- Knowledge of and skills in a range of couple and family interviewing techniques, with ability to tailor to the situation.
- Working knowledge for evidence-informed approach to family therapy.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions issues and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.