|Job Title: ||Intensive Case Management Clinician|
|Work Site: ||Bella Coola General Hospital - Bella Coola, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.95 - $43.58 per hour|
0900-1700. Hours may change depending on operational need.
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Intensive Case Management Clinician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Intensive Case Management Clinician to join the team in Bella Coola, BC. Apply today to join our team!
Be a part of a new community based resource team to better support individuals who are struggling with substance misuse and mental health concerns and who also frequently come to the hospital for help. The Resource Team will meet people where they are and will provide counselling, and access to wellness resources. They will work closely with existing hospital and community services.
As an Intensive Case Management Clinician you will:
- Apply mental wellness and harm reduction strategies to provide wrap-around assessment, intensive intervention, treatment, outreach and/or detoxification and/or recovery consultation to clients experiencing significant challenges associated with severe problematic substance abuse with or without a mental illness.
- Work in partnership with clients, families and relevant clinical care partners to ensure service provided is integrated across the continuum of care.
- Perform key duties such as intake, mental health and addiction assessments, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, group intervention, case management and education.
- Participate in team meetings, continuing education, conferences, and/or corporate initiatives and engage in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC:
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 residential beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a related, health science discipline (ie Clinical Counseling, Social Work) and two (2) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to designated population group who are living with severe or moderate problematic substance use and mental health concerns and who do not readily engage in health care services or an equivalent combination of training, experience.
- Registration with Provincial Licensing/governing body of profession if applicable.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered rehabilitation/harm reduction/recovery model.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care coordination to a select caseload of clients.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care planning, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, Internet and email software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.