|Job Title: ||Project Coordinator|
|Work Site: ||Public Health Surveillance Unit - Vancouver, BC|
As soon as possible
Casual shifts as required.
Come work as a Project Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a casual Project Coordinator to join the Public Health Surveillance Unit in Vancouver. This is a role for a Project Coordinator who can translate ideas into action, has strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in using project management tools and change management. Apply today to join our team!
As a Project Coordinator with the Public Health Surveillance Unit you will:
- Work closely with leaders in Public Health to deliver on key priority projects including the implementation of the Public Health Response to COVID 19 and recovering public health services impacted by the pandemic.
- Provide analytical expertise in the financial and technical review, evaluation and maintenance of the project documentation, project management tools and executive reports for your assigned Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) projects, allowing for effective risk management.
- Perform analysis on and documentation of the project(s) initiated by the organization to provide validation to ensure organization-wide and departmental objectives are met.
- Support VCH by ensuring the various internal and external stakeholders involved maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship.
- Work in collaboration with both the project team and the end-user department(s) on capital and operational projects.
- Gather information and evaluate interdependencies and their associated risk to the respective project(s) and to the organization through interaction with external consultants and the other health authorities.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or in a field related to the specific project(s), supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related financial analysis and planning experience in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in financial analysis, project planning/management and technical expertise relating to the specific project, which includes familiarity with project management tools and resources, familiarity managing organizational change, and strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive technical expertise, project/process management, financial analytical skills and business acumen.
- Effectively and accurately responds to the needs of stakeholders and is acutely aware of the impact of decisions and actions on the organization and various stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Results-oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.