|Job Title: |
Eating Disorder Counsellor
(Baccalaureate in Behavioural Science, Social Work, Psychology or Education)
|Work Site: ||Vista Eating Disorder - Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$31.36 - $39.10 per hour|
0800-1600, 0745-2000, 1600-2100, 1600-2400, 2400-0800
Casual shifts as required.
Come work as an Eating Disorder Counsellor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Eating Disorder Counsellor with a Bachelor's Degree in Behavioural Science, Social Work, Psychology, or Education to join the Eating Disorders Team at Vista. Apply today to join our team!
As an Eating Disorder Counsellor working at Vista, you will:
- Provide therapy services to clients with eating disorders in a long term care setting at VISTA or through the Community Outreach Partnership Program (COPP).
- Assess and evaluate the therapeutic needs of clients to develop therapeutic programs.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an outcome orientated therapeutic plan in conjunction with the client, family and interdisciplinary team.
- Provide therapeutic services to clients and families such as individual, family and group supportive counselling, therapy, psycho-education and interventions utilizing a variety of approaches; and establishing/maintaining relationships based on respect.
- Develop and enhance community communication/relationships.
- Participate in team assessments of cases and meetings.
- Maintain appropriate client records.
- Engage in ongoing team planning and quality improvement activities.
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCE
VANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Behavioural Science, Social Work, Psychology or Education from a recognized program supplemented with two (2) years’ recent, related experience working with individuals with an eating disorder or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Broad knowledge of eating disorders, symptoms, and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessments both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate and coach clients and co-workers both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, facilitation, leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.