|Job Title: |
Group Coordinator & Facilitator
(Social Services Diploma or Health Care Worker Certificate)
|Work Site: ||Peer Based Program, Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre - Vancovuer, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.60 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$27.84 - $29.86 per hour|
0900-1700; shift time includes a half hour unpaid lunch
Days off: Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Group Coordinator & Facilitator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a graduate of a Social Services Diploma program or Health Care Worker Program to join its team as a Group Coordinator & Facilitator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Group Coordinator & Facilitator with the Peer Based Program at Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre, you will:
- Research and develop group support programs and related information for clients to encourage skill development in areas such as mental health, addictions, recovery, harm reduction and other related topics.
- Develop, plan and facilitate group workshops; identify client needs, determine content and structure and consult with clients and community partners to gather pertinent information.
- Interview clients to gather background information and make referrals to other programs and/or services as required.
- Collaborate with external agencies in the utilization of external facilitators.
- Recruit, interview, place and orientate and support volunteers to address issues.
- Evaluate the program using information gathered by observation and with client feedback on issues such as group session effectiveness, material utilized; compile feedback summaries.
- Prepare and maintain workshop materials.
- Arrange group support programs; schedule sessions times and monthly calendar, book facilities, arrange for materials and audio visual equipment.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, Social Services Diploma or Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker Program.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience in a mental health & addictions service setting providing group therapy to clients who have a variety of mental disorders and addictions issues as well as coordinating volunteer programs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and addiction disorders and treatment.
- Knowledge of community resources and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client population.
- Knowledge and understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and to maintain mutually respectful relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop written material.
- Demonstrated ability to provide client-centered solutions from a systems perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a community-based system.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, related to clients and their families, colleagues, health care staff, service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a variety of theoretical models to practice in facilitating groups.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to program development, related research, and program evaluation.
- Ability to facilitate workshops or groups.
- Ability to community effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operated related equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized client care information system required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Physical Ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.