|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care/Emergency - Sunshine Coast|
|Work Site: ||Emergency, Powell River Hospital - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately June 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0700 - 1900\1900 - 0700
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Emergency with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Emergency department at Powell River Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Critical Care/Emergency at VCH you will:
- Provide emergency nursing to clients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment, and to unique client populations such as victims of sexual assault.
- As triage nurse, assess client needs and prioritizes care requirements, often with limited information.
- As member of emergency response team, stabilize and resuscitate multi-trauma victims, and prepare for and responds to disaster situations.
- Enhance the quality of life of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to emergency care nursing.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.