|Job Title: ||Administrative Support Coordinator/Manager|
|Work Site: ||Clerical Support Services, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre - Vancouver, BC |
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Administrative Support Coordinator/Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Administrative Support Coordinator/Manager to join the team at GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Administrative Support Coordinator/Manager with VCH you will:
- Oversee the clerical support functions for designated areas.
- Develop and implement departmental goals and objectives for clerical areas in consultation with the supervisor.
- Participate in workforce and long-term strategic planning for administrative staff in designated area(s).
- Interview, hire and train/retain staff to ensure optimal use of resources to meet operational needs.
- Provide leadership to designated staff utilizing effective management techniques.
- Provide guidance and direction, establish clear definitions of responsibility and assign, monitor and adjust work/schedules.
- Make arrangements for staff orientation and training sessions.
- Oversee the effective and efficient daily operation of administrative services.
- Develop and monitor designated budget and other resources.
- Participate in the development, communication and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with VCH Occupational Health & Safety Advisor/s to ensure compliance with Worksafe BC regulations and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Represent Administrative staff on related committees.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration or diploma supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience including leadership and supervisory experience in a large complex healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Change management skills are an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Utilizes sound business acumen, employing knowledgeable accounting and budgeting principles, to manage the fiscal resources of assigned area(s) in a manner that is fiscally responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership, supervisory and coordination skills, including ability to performance manage, inspires and directs teams as well as engage and involve stakeholders in the planning and implementation processes.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment, develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Employs ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to facilitate, collaborate and build consensus.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized office software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.