|Job Title: |
(Diploma in Community Social Services. Personal experience receiving services within the mental health system.)
|Work Site: ||Consumer Peer Support - 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.54 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately July 2021|
|Salary: ||$24.20 - $26.37 per hour|
Days off: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Peer Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Peer Coordinator to join the Consumer Peer Support team at 520 West 6th Avenue in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Peer Coordinator, you will:
- Assist with the development, coordination and administration of the Peer Delivered Courses and other consumer initiated programs.
- Provide direct support and guidance to Peer Workers in carrying out their role.
- Draft local manuals, procedures and information sheets and monitor hours worked.
- Ensure Peer Workers are fulfilling their contractual obligations; and establish, maintain and enhance relationships based on respect with consumers/clients, including Peer Workers.
- Support consumer initiatives and assist in the increase of consumer involvement in funded projects.
- Participate in consumer, client and colleague education and training sessions, and build/maintain interagency partnerships and networks with other service providers.
- Participate in team meetings, conferences, quality initiatives, and continuing education.
- Prepare and maintain statistical data, correspondence and other documents as required.
- Prepare, assemble and distribute written communication materials.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Community Social Services from a recognized program with two (2) years’ related experience that includes working with individuals with a mental illness/disability, and providing orientation and training to consumers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Personal experience receiving services within the mental health system.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to network within the community.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with public, volunteers and other employees and ability to deal tactfully/effectively with co-workers, public, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of peer lead coursework delivered in VCH.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both consumers and professional staff within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze, resolve problems and take initiative.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to consumer needs.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
- Proven computer skills and ability to utilize contemporary software applications including MSWord, and the ability to adapt to new technology.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.