|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 (Nights/Weekends)|
Emergency, Vancouver General Hospital
Psychiatric Emergency Assessment & Triage (PEAT)
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.73 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately January 2021|
|Salary: ||$36.27 - $45.25 per hour|
Night Shift: 2330-0730
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Emergency and Psychiatric Emergency Assessment & Triage (PEAT) teams at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
* This position works nights only *
As a Social Worker with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for providing clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the clients relationships are affected by their environment in a permanent evening, permanent night or permanent weekend shift and may be required to supervise up to and including two (2) FTE.
- Perform duties including:
- conducting social and psychosocial assessments,
- providing individual, family and group counselling services,
- maintaining client records,
- attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences,
- and providing Long-Term Care assessments.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients, and contribute to the effectiveness and development of community resources.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) years’ post Baccalaureate experience in a health care setting or one (1) year in a practicum in a related setting.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.