|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2|
|Work Site: ||Allied Health, Richmond Continuing Health Services|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately June 2021|
|Salary: ||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Allied Health team at Richmond Continuing Health Services. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist with VCH you will:
- Provide occupational therapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes; these services are provided in private homes, facilities, the Palliative Care Unit, hospices, group homes and schools.
- Perform duties such as:
- assessing client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach,
- planning and implementing goal directed services and evaluating the effectiveness of the service,
- preparing and maintaining records,
- participating in interdisciplinary research,
- demonstrating safe and effective resource utilization and quality management
- and contributing to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
- Utilizes relevant software applications such as PARIS, Microsoft Word and Access.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy and two to three years’ recent related experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license in good standing. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice including the application of standardized tests/tools and measures.
- Working knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of self-aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant assessments per established standards of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients, caregivers/families and community partners.
- Ability to provide effective service in a variety of community settings and with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in relevant software applications.
- Working knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.