|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)|
|Work Site: ||Carlile Youth Concurrent Disorders Centre, HOpe Center, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately January 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the team at the Carlile Youth Concurrent Disorders Centre at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse you will:
- Provide nursing care to youth and their families, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and a trauma informed, harm reduction and recovery oriented care approach in nursing practice.
- Provide education and support to patient and family.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two years’ recent, related experience working with youth experiencing significant mental health and/or substance use challenges in a youth-specific setting combined with specialty training in adolescent psychiatry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of mental health/substance use issues and treatments with youth.
- Knowledge of mental health/substance services, resources, and referral procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to patient.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; Mental Health Act as it relates to the rights of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses during procedure and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with patients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care providers, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to assessment of behaviour and to assist patients to regain or improve their coping abilities, and to prevent further disability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and co-lead group sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage aggressive and suicidal behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.