|Job Title: ||Primary Care Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver Primary Care Network (PCN), Oakridge Primary Care Network - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately July 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Monday to Friday: 0800-1600
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Primary Care Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Vancouver Oakridge Primary Care Network. Apply today to join our team!
As a Primary Care Nurse with VCH you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients and caregiver(s).
- Maintain partnership with the Primary Care Provider in accordance with the local PCN care delivery model as co-designed by the PCN Partners (local Division of Family Practice, VCH Community of Care and First Nations Partners).
- Apply health promotion, chronic disease management, advance care planning, and/or self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, provide direct care, and address issues or variances from the plan of care.
- Provide continuity of care by liaising with team members, coordinating ongoing care (internal and external), supporting transitions and navigating services.
- Act as a nursing resource for the team by applying problem-solving and critical thinking skills and providing information based on nursing theory and practice
About Primary Care Networks (PCN)
This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. Team members involved in the patient’s care will work closely together, so that they can get a full picture of the health care needs. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- One (1) year recent, related clinical experience relevant to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge and skills within primary care as well as theory and practice within a patient/client and family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Professional Regulations and Standards (e.g Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice).
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home, community and primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acute, chronic disease, mental health and substance use, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and culturally safe care in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Demonstrated ability to support seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to use research in practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles and ability to teach and coach patients/clients and caregiver(s) families.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient/client care information documentation system.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.