|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Care|
|Work Site: ||Outpatients Daycare, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately June 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0730-1530 / 0800-1600 / 0830-1630 / 0900-1700
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Outpatient Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the Outpatient Daycare at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Outpatient Care at Vancouver General Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing care for clients within an ambulatory care setting by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with team members and other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Completion of one year’s recent, related experience working in an outpatient care environment or with clients of similar diagnostic illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the etiology, physiology, manifestations and treatment of specialty diseases related to designated client groups.
- Broad knowledge of adult physiology.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client groups.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the designated clinical area.
Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This role is an Ambulatory float position. Post-surgical/Wound Experience is an asset. Hours of work are variable.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.