|Job Title: ||Medical Radiation Technologist 3, Interventional|
|Work Site: ||Interventional Angiography, Surrey Memorial Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - Float (0.60 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until return of incumbent (indefinite end date)|
|Salary: ||$32.64 - $40.69 per hour|
0730-1530 \ 0830-1630 \ 0930-1730 or as operationally required. This position includes an on call component.
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Medical Radiation Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Medical Radiation Technologist to join the Interventional Angiography department at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Medical Radiation Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform interventional/angiography procedures and diagnostic radiographic examinations in accordance with departmental policy and procedure observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Perform duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions;
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system;
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures;
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data;
- monitoring patient during procedures;
- and monitoring equipment performance.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current Certification with the CAMRT.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ recent, related experience in interventional radiography or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for general radiology, angiography and interventional procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Broad knowledge of theory and practice for Interventional.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in IR techniques and the use of applicable equipment.
- Broad knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in Intravenous Therapy.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.