|Job Title: ||Case Manager (RN) - Chronic Supportive Team|
|Work Site: ||Squamish Health Unit - Squamish, BC|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
0830 - 1630, with casual shifts as required.
Come work as a Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Whistler, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Squamish Health Unit as a Case Manager. Apply today to join our team!
As a Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage a select population of eligible Home Health clients requiring supportive case management skills.
- Determine client goals and needs, assess client situations, work effectively with community resources and plan with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by assessing clients, liaising with team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Act as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on specialized theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three years’ recent clinical nursing experience in Home Health and case management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNM’s standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Comprehensive knowledge related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to care of clients needing supportive case management.
- Maintains and adheres to visit standards established for case management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools..
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the treatment of the client population.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.