|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Perinatal|
|Work Site: ||Maternity, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Vacation Relief|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximately July 2021|
|Salary: ||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Perinatal Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Maternity department at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Perinatal Care you will:
- Use appropriate clinical judgment to provide optimal perinatal care (Antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum) to women, babies, and their families.
- Perform work including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and appropriate documentation of care for assigned patients in the perinatal service.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to standards of professional nursing and patient care practice in accordance with Health Authority policies and procedures.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of an approved nursing program.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and current National Registration in CPR and NRP required.
- Completion of a post-basic obstetrical/perinatal nursing certificate/diploma.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a Level 2-3 Maternity Unit, supplemented by courses in fetal health assessment and breastfeeding or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.