|Job Title: ||Privacy Advisor - Audit|
|Work Site: ||Information Privacy Office - 601 W. Broadway, Vancouver, BC|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you the next Privacy Advisor at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Privacy Advisor to join the team at 601 West Broadway in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will report to the Senior Legal Counsel, Leader, Privacy & FOI, and play a key role in assisting Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) departments and staff with privacy compliance.
As a Privacy Advisor - Audit with VCH you will:
- Lead the administration and continuous improvement of VCH’s privacy auditing program as well as support in the investigation of actual and potential privacy breaches.
- Act as a member of the Information Privacy Office (IPO).
- Provide support for the completion of privacy impact assessments and the development of privacy-related policies.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Degree in Health Information Science, Information Management or a healthcare related field as well as experience in the area of information privacy and security, information analysis, database administration, and report writing.
- At least five (5) or more years of experience in health information management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in auditing electronic health information systems or familiarity with audit practices is preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of computer information systems, databases and electronic information management.
- Use of investigative and analytical skills to research, analyze and interpret data and information from a variety of disparate sources.
- Strong understanding of privacy principles and need-to-know access to health information.
- Knowledge of applicable BC privacy and health-related legislation.
- Understands how to create effective and efficient processes and systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of computer information systems, databases and electronic information management.
- Effectively engages and manages stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
- Change agent for the introduction and implementation of innovative and creative ideas, tools, templates and processes.
- Effectively builds consensus among groups.
- Safe handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Skilled computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database management functions.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.