|Job Title: ||Sleep Disorders Educator/Coordinator|
|Work Site: ||Sleep Lab, UBC Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$31.36 - $39.10 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Sleep Disorders Educator/Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Sleep Disorders Coordinator to join the team in the Sleep Lab at UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Sleep Disorders Educator/Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide instruction, education, and act as a resource person and coordinate the Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) education for patients with sleep disorders at the University of British Columbia Hospital.
- Plan and develop with the Medical Director, Manager and Senior Polysomnographic Technologist, PAP education programs and coordinate care to improve the health and quality of life for admitted and outpatient home patients requiring PAP.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in a health care discipline, such as respiratory therapy, from an accredited institution.
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program and successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam preferred.
- Two (2) years' recent related experience in sleep study work or and equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Eligible for registration as a Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT).
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
- Current Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of current respiratory theory and practice within the client/family centred model for care.
- Broad knowledge of the BRPT clinical practice guidelines
- Broad knowledge of the CSRT clinical practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to apply department policy and procedures.
- Basic computer literacy (word processing and spreadsheets such as MS Word, Excel, etc) to operate a computerized patient care system.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR technique.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.